Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's a leaf? it's a lipstick? it's a Nokia!

It tickled me reading the title "Nokia unveils crazy-looking X5 smartphone" . Oh well, Nokia has its own stint of making weird looking phones since way back. Remember the leaf shape phone? The maze like and the lipstick phone ? I so wanted to have the lipstick phone back then.. not as the primary phone, just as a collection..but somehow until now, if you check out on ebay, that lipstick phone still cost more than $120. It does have some aesthetic value till now.

Technology has always excite me in many ways, not just mobile phones, other gadgets as well. No I dont have thick specs, binary watch or speak programming language. I am just someone who will try to utilize what she has to the fullest. Trying to make every cents paid counts ;)

Currently, no doubt there is a discussion between smartphone and non-smartphone. Some may ask why does company like Nokia is still producing non-smartphone. Simple, not everyone wants the phone more than just answering call and text. Sometimes I do wonder, do we actually need all the functions needed in a smartphone?

It is no doubt that smartphones gets us connected, do work on the go, make one want to share almost every detail of your daily life some (schedules, whereabout etc). First thing to look at in the morning and last thing before sleeping. Well, that was me. You may or may not experience the same thing. Oh ya, and not forgetting treating the phone as the comfort teddy bear when you just dont feel like talking or lonely at a new/foreign space.

I have been off my Blackberry for more than a week right now (Thanks for the ever popular red light error). Currently using my 'crazy-looking X5 Smartphone'. Still a smartphone but running on Symbian. Sounded a lil early 2000s but I think it still served the basic needs. Shall discuss more on that another time and this time, I got to experience biNu

Looking on another side of the coin, if my Nokia phone can actually say something, I am pretty sure it'll say " Karma is a b**** , isnt it? " and give me a super wide grin :D Well, truth be told, I must admit that my X5 phone I consider as a worth buy. Bought it at about RM600 at that time,this phone with physical slider QWERTY keyboard has 5 megapixel on-board camera with a 4x digital zoom, with a LED flash, 2Gb card in the box, ability to sync your email and connect to internet via wifi. Come to think of it,it's pretty decent actually. Obviously, I ditch aside making way for my Blackberry. Oh well.. sorry N, I needed more emails to push ( that was what I thought at that time)

Will share more on my next post. Before that, I would like to take everyone back to the memory lane when BBM was not in our daily dictionary, Whatsapp have not existed and so are Viber, Kakaotalk, Tango and the list will go on and on. Back then, we text, text and text and yes, remember those pixel picture messages, polyphonic ringtone, and snake? Checkout this post by CNet Nokia: A long and innovative history

Have fun!

xoxo
eyem3





No comments: